We are all familiar with Vitamin D, aren’t we? Vitamin D also plays an important part in our health conditions like other vitamins. Some neglect the vitamins given by the sun. Some have no time to spend themselves in the sun. Some are busy in their office and forget to bring themselves experiencing heat from the sun. Lack of sun exposure is the main cause of Vitamin D deficiency. However, there are a lot of treatments for Vitamin D deficiency all over the internet. Doctors recommend to expose ourselves in sun, consuming foods rich in vitamin D, and also by taking up supplements.
What is Vitamin D Deficiency?
Vitamin D deficiency is a type of deficiency in which the body suffers insufficient vitamin D in the body. However, there are numerous treatments for Vitamin D deficiency all over the internet. Suffering from vitamin D deficiency is a serious case. In fact, this may lead to numerous health complications in the body. There are also supplements rich in vitamin D that increases the level of vitamin D in the body. Food loaded with vitamin D may also help to reduce the risk of Vitamin D deficiency.
Causes of Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D is vital for us to survive, lack of Vitamin D in our body leads to numerous complication conditions. There are main reasons why the biggest population suffering from Vitamin D deficiency. This is due to the modern indoors lifestyle. This contributes the most commonly known as the cause of vitamin D deficiency.
- Lack of Sun – Way back years, people spending outdoor matters such as walking, and working outside. But today, there is a different scenario. People have spent too much time surfing the internet, play video games, and watching televisions. In which this may lead to vitamin D deficiency. There is no sufficient exposure to sunshine vitamins. In fact, foods packed with vitamin D is not enough to prevent vitamin D deficiency. The sun exposure is the most effective way to increase the level of vitamin D in the body.
- Sunscreens – Many wear sunscreens when they have no time to spend outdoors. As a result, skin cancer may develop. However, it is recommended by the doctors to use sunscreen during winter months and if the sun exposure is limited. Worryingly, according to some studies that wearing sun blocks may also refuse to keep vitamin D in the body. In fact, using SPF 8 sun blocks may reduce the ability of the body to keep 90% of vitamin D. While using sun blocks with SPF 30 may reduce 99% ability to keep vitamin D in the body. SPF 30 is the recommended sunblocks by the doctors.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency
In many studies proves that people lack Vitamin D Deficiency may increase the risk of getting any health complications. It includes the numerous types of cancer, metabolic syndrome, immune disorder, cardiovascular disease, and contrary pregnancy results. According to numerous scientific reviews and research, the vitamin D deficiency may be connected to the following health issues as it follows:
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
Researchers recommended that anyone suffering from these conditions and the symptoms have to be examined for the vitamin d Deficiency:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Inflammation And Swelling
- Trouble Sleeping
- Weak Or Broken Bones
- Weakened Immune System
There only one way to determine if the patient has vitamin D deficient is to ask for assistance from the doctors. Doctors may perform a blood test and every test has a corresponding meaning.
- 50+ – this means that the level of your vitamin D is in good condition.
- 30–50 – this levels may require you to spend more time in the sunlight. It also requires you to add foods rich in vitamin D in your diet routine.
- 30 below – this is the very serious case, in which it requires to do an immediate action to keep the levels increase.
Treatments for Vitamin D Deficiency
The treatments for Vitamin D Deficiency requires sufficient vitamin D thru the help of supplements and proper diet. In fact, there are no specified requirements for vitamin D level for the optimal health. It only depends on the health conditions and age as well.
The Institute Medicine specified the (RDA) recommended dietary allowance of a vitamin D. Everyone with the ages from 1-70 will have at least 600 UI (International Units). While adults between the ages of 71 and above may have at least 800 UI (International Units). This requirement may optimize the bone health. Whereas the UI composed of 4,000 may define as safe. According to doctors, more than 400 UI may tend to correct the vitamin D Deficiency.
If you are suffering from this Vitamin D Deficiency, it is recommendable to have blood testing before taking up supplements. There are numerous supplements for Vitamin D deficiency including the Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is one of the supplements that help to increase the levels of vitamin D in the body. In fact, there are daily, a weekly, and monthly basis for taking up supplements. It is safe to consult your health practitioner regarding taking up vitamin D supplements. It better to be safe than to take the risk which may also tend to complications.
Foods Rich in Vitamin D
Consuming foods that are loaded with Vitamin D may also help to prevent the Vitamin D deficiency. Thus, it is required to eat foods that belong to vitamin D producer including the following:
- Carp Fish
- Cod Liver Oil
- Maitake Mushrooms
- Portobella Mushrooms
- Rainbow Trout
- Raw Milk
Sun exposure is also one of the best ways to prevent vitamin D deficiency. It requires having sunlight exposure with about 10 to 20 min. If your skin is likely lighter, then there should be less time needed for the exposure. While when your skin is darker, it has a different approach compared to the lighter skin. In here, it is recommendable to take sun exposure with 1 hour to get the sufficient amount of Vitamin D.