For some people, sleeping without applying any night cream to their face is a no-no. Some even say that if you go to bed without using any night cream, you are making a huge mistake. To a certain degree, they are right. Although the application process may seem like a faff during your nightly routine, using night creams can bring various benefits to your skin. Read on to learn more!
What Are Night Creams?
Table of Contents
Just like the rest of your body, your skin does its heaviest lifting at night, repairing, regenerating and restoring itself while we are sleeping. This is why so many night creams are focused on moisture and recovery, boasting a content of slow-absorbing, powerful moisturizers which penetrate over several hours. Because there are little to no concerns about being exposed to sun, they also contain the highest levels of anti-aging compounds, including hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid and retinol.
Night creams work to rejuvenate, rehydrate and repair the skin. It is not just aging skin that needs this; any dull and tanned skin can avail of the benefits of night cream. They are a way of providing the skin with uninterrupted nourishment and hydration, giving it an optimal level of moisture.
How to Choose the Best Night Cream for You
Choosing the right night cream that will suit your skin tone is very important. Below are some tips on selecting the best night cream for you:
- Make sure that it is free of fragrances and is hypoallergenic.
- Make sure it is not thick. A thick night cream may clog your pores, making it difficult for the skin to breathe.
Why a Night Cream?
Skin absorbs the active ingredients better at night than during the day. It also regenerates much more powerfully while you are asleep. Night cream can clear dirt off the skin, renew face cells and help prevent tissue damaged.
It is very important that you understand what goes into the manufacturing of night cream. Here are its usual ingredients:
- Amino acids
- Anti-aging compounds
- Shea butter
- Aloe vera
- Rose oil
- Apricot oil
- Olive oil
- Vitamin E
- Jojoba oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
These all contribute to the different benefits of night cream, which we will be discussing later in this article.
How to Apply Night Cream
You can’t just apply night cream however you want; there is a proper way of doing it. Below is the right procedure to follow:
- Wash your face thoroughly and make sure there is no dirt on it before putting on the cream.
- Put a dime-sized amount of night cream on your fingers.
- Pat it on your face.
- Follow a circular, upward direction to massage the cream into the skin.
- Don’t apply it to the eyelids.
Benefits of Night Cream
Here are some of the most significant benefits of night cream:
- Renews cells and nourishes skin.
- Restore’s skin’s elasticity.
- Reverses the signs of aging skin.
- Makes the skin supple and soft.
- Prevents the skin from sagging.
- Reduces wrinkles and other age lines
- Helps with blood circulation.
- Helps boost the collagen levels in the skin.
- Ensures a fair complexion and fine texture.
- Soothes the face.
- Supplies moisture to dry portions of the face, keeping the face hydrated.
The benefits of night cream are truly amazing. I bet that, after reading this article, you will never go to sleep without putting some on. If you don’t have one, please be cautious in buying one and follow the above tips. After all, you can end up doing more damage to your skin if you choose a poorly made cream!