Have you heard seen, or tried hemp seeds before? Actually, hemp seeds are one of the best plant-based protein and GLA, which have a lot of benefits for the overall health. As a matter of fact, the health benefits of hemp seeds include aiding in weight loss, treating anemia, eliminating insomnia, building the muscle mass, stimulating digestion, and improving the heart health. Furthermore, they also help in the stimulation of the metabolic activity, prevent some types of cancer, build stronger bones, improve the hair and skin health, reduce the symptoms of menstruation and menopause, and boost the immunity. There is actually more to hemp seeds than meets the eye. If you want to learn more about this amazing seed, feel free to give this article a read.
Hemp Seed: What is this?
Table of Contents
The hemp hearts, or what they commonly call as the hemp seeds are the seeds of the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. Technically, hemp seed are a nut. These crunchy seeds are actually safe to eat and have just a few traces of THC or psychotropic chemical. This is the main psychoactive compound, which is present in the cannabis. Furthermore, this is also what causes the feeling of euphoria. Moreover, the hemp seeds have a creamy, soft filling that has a nutty, mild flavor. Usually, people eat this seed in raw form.
Additionally, hemp is a common term that denotes a variety of plants that’s in the Cannabis family. This particular valuable and versatile plant may be turned into fuel, cloth, resin, wax, oil, fibers, as well as a wide array of some other useful products. Moreover, the hemp grows worldwide, because it is so resilient of a plant. It can actually grow in a lot of environmental conditions.
Moreover, the major concern on which the people have with the edible hemp products is that it mainly comes from the cannabis plant. Nevertheless, the hemp seeds, which are sold mainly for consumption have lesser than 0.5 percent of psychotropic chemical or THC. This is what makes it safe to eat.
Nutritional Facts of Hemp Seeds
The hemp seeds actually rank high in the ranking of the plant-based protein. This is because it contains about 25% of the high-quality protein that makes it grander than some other plant-based superfoods like chia seeds, flax seeds, and quinoa. Moreover, it is composed of a huge number of edible oils and a wide variety of essential fats in the body like the gamma linoleic acid, a rare form of omega 6 fatty acid, and omega 3 fatty acid. Furthermore, these small seeds also contain high levels of fiber, iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. Not just that, it also possesses moderate levels of fats, carbs, manganese, copper, and vitamin E.
Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of hemp seeds:
- Helps in making the immunity stronger. Since there is an ample amount of essential vitamins and minerals in the hemp seeds, it is essential for the overall immune system of the body. These are all beneficial against infections and viruses.
- Helps in preventing cancer. This is one of the best health benefits of hemp seeds. Mainly, because of the amount of phenolic compound in it, which may act as powerful antioxidants that help prevent some types of cancer by eliminating the free radicals in the body.
- Aids in hypertension. The protein hydrolysate in the hemp seeds is beneficial in lowering the levels of blood pressure, thus preventing the risk of heart conditions. Moreover, it also has amazing therapeutic properties essential for the prevention and treatment of hypertension.
- Helps in boosting the muscle mass. For the reason that the hemp seed has eight essential amino acids, which can’t be made by the body, it can be a complete protein. These are beneficial in the creation of the new tissues in the body and making the muscle mass stronger.
- Helps in preventing osteoporosis. There is a modest amount of calcium in the hemp seed. This is an important element in creating and strengthening the bones and help in repairing the damaged bones.
- Helps in relieving insomnia. There is an ample amount of magnesium in the hemp seed. This is beneficial soothing and relaxing the sensation all over the body. This element is also beneficial in inducing the sleep, thus relieving insomnia.
- Helps in boosting digestive There is an ample amount of dietary fiber in the hemp seed. This is essential in giving the digestive health a boost.
Cautions on Hemp Seeds
There are some allergic reactions to the hemp seed, yet the contact on which the seeds may have had psychotropic compounds might result in small residues on the seeds. This just means that you might possibly experience a feeling of euphoria. This particular effect of the hemp seed is quite rare and is not harmful, yet it may be an uncomfortable feeling if you don’t anticipate it.
Reminder: the use of the hemp seeds in many countries are restricted. Therefore, consult your doctor before using it. Other than that, enjoy the hemp seed in some of its forms.