If you drink a glass of raw sugarcane juice, you will be able to acquire a lot of surprising health benefits. In fact, it is loaded with so many important nutrients that are essential for the body. In fact, the raw sugarcane juice may help in reducing the blood pressure levels, make the bones stronger, reduce the levels of cholesterol, helps in losing weight, relieve stress, and treat infections and fevers, and more. These health benefits of sugarcane juice are thanks to the essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in it. If you want to know more about this amazing juice, feel free to give this article a read. I assure you that your time will never be put to waste.
What is Sugarcane?
Table of Contents
Sugarcane belongs to the grass family and may grow anywhere. It is also available everywhere in cheap price. Although it is native to Papua New Guinea, now, it has become a part of the production of the crop in more than half of the Earth. It is rampant in various regions in America and Asia.
You may et pieces of the sugar cane or drink the juice it has, the decision is yours. But regardless of what you do to it, you will still benefit from it. Furthermore, one good thing about the sugarcane is that it has no fats, in the actual fact, a hundred percent natural drink has 30 grams of sugar, and has zero amount of fats.
Obviously, the sugarcane juice comes from sugarcane plant. It is the major source of white sugar and the processed sugar. It is popular in the countries of Thailand, Brazil, and India. In fact, they sell this on their streets and juice carts. It is usually pressed from iron rollers and may be served as a cooling drink with ice or with additional flavor, like lemon.
Furthermore, the sugarcane juice is also the base ingredient for a lot of products, just like ethanol, biofuel, rum, molasses, and jaggery.
Nutritional Value of Sugarcane Juice
1 serving of the sugarcane juice may contain the following:
|Nutrients||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 gram||–|
|Trans fat||0 gram||–|
|Monounsaturated fat||0 gram||–|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0 gram||–|
|Saturated fat||0 gram||–|
|Total carbohydrates||73 grams||–|
|Dietary fiber||0 gram||–|
Health benefits of Sugarcane Juice
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of sugarcane juice:
- Helps in losing weight: the dietary fiber contents of sugarcane juice are beneficial in binding with fat. As well as inhibiting it from being stored in the body. This is while it makes you feel full, therefore preventing overeating and snacking.
- Helps in preventing kidney stones: various studies show that the consumption of sugarcane juice may help in reducing the occurrence of UTI and lower the risk of the development of kidney stones.
- Helps in strengthening the immunity: the rich vitamin C and antioxidant content of the sugarcane juice is essential in stimulating and boosting the immunity. Furthermore, it also helps in reducing the infection in the respiratory tract, liver, and stomach.
- Regulate a normal blood pressure level: the potassium content of the sugarcane juice is essential in reducing the tension and strain in the blood vessels, as well as in the arteries.
- Helps in managing stress: the amino acids in the sugarcane juice, as well as magnesium and tryptophan, are essential balancing the stress hormone levels and help in inducing sleep.
- Helps in lowering the cholesterol levels: studies show that drinking sugarcane juice is beneficial in reducing the overall levels of cholesterol in the body. This is one of the best health benefits of sugarcane juice.
- Helps in boosting energy: not like any other foods and drinks, the sugarcane juice is oozing with so many processed sugar. Furthermore, it’s also high in fructose. This is what makes it beneficial in giving a boost in the energy levels.
- Helps in the bone mineral density: the intake of sugarcane juice may be beneficial in boosting the levels of calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and iron in the body. Thus making it a good part in strengthening the bones.
Side Effects of Sugarcane Juice
Although the sugarcane juice doesn’t really have any major risk factors, generally, it depends on various conditions it is actually prepared in. There may also be some side effects if you consume it without proper moderation or use.
Here are some of the side effects of sugarcane. Most of which is due to the high consumption of the sugarcane juice. Always remember that only a glass of it every day is necessary to be able to derive most of its health benefits.
- Worse bleeding disorder
- Upset stomach
The sugarcane juice truly is an amazing juice. Its health benefits are its proof and since you’ve read this article, I hope, you can attest to that.