Have you ever tried white tea before? Although some people have never heard of it, it offers many essential health benefits. In fact, it can improve your oral health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer. Furthermore, it possesses anti-aging and antioxidant properties which help maintain your health (and wrinkle-free skin!), protects the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays and protects your body against various bacteria that cause infection. Keep reading this article to learn more!
What is White Tea?
White tea is very well-known as one of the most subtle varieties of tea. It is usually harvested before its leaves are fully open and the young bud is still covered with fine white hairs. The leaves and buds are hand-picked, and they are meticulously and quickly dried so that the leaves don’t oxidize for too long. This low oxidation method and minimal processing results in one of the most elusive and freshest teas.
The white tea that we know these days is derived from a plant that was discovered in the Fujian province of China in the early 1700s. Just like Chinese emperors and courtesans in the ancient times, people today also revere the tea for its delicate, beautiful and rare flavours and aromas. Most white tea is still hand-processed and hand picked. This is artisanship is what makes them a real delicacy.
White tea tends to be lower in caffeine than the black and green varieties. In fact, the Fujian plant native to China is shown to have a much lower caffeine content than other tea plants.
Nutritional Facts of White Tea
White tea possesses antimicrobial properties and various essential nutrients which protect the body against various conditions. Furthermore, it contains flavonoids, fluoride and tannins like polyphenols and catechins. All of these make up the amazing health benefits of the tea.
Health Benefits of White Tea
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of white tea:
- Aids in weight loss. Losing weight is not an easy thing to do, especially if you have a busy schedule. Having a great diet plan is one of the best ways to shed those extra pounds. The goods news is there are some foods and beverages that can help you with this problem. White tea is essential in preventing adipogenesis, the process by which fat cells are formed.
- Helps relieve colds. The white tea is a great remedy for common ailments, such as the cold and flu.
- Acts as an antibacterial agent. Medical conditions and diseases are mainly due to pathogens that attack immune system. This makes it difficult for the body to operate at a normal capacity. White tea possesses antibacterial properties, which may protect the skin against germs and bacteria.
- Helps improve cardiovascular health. The flavonoids in white tea are essential in reducing cardiovascular conditions and blood pressure levels.
- Helps prevent cancer. Just like green tea, white tea may help prevent cancers like lung cancer. Research shows that this particular tea possesses a chemopreventive agent and anticancer properties. This is one of the best health benefits of white tea.
- Helps improve oral health. The tannins, flavonoids and polyphenols in white tea are essential for oral health, inhibiting the growth of various bacteria which may cause plaque.
White tea is really beneficial for your health, but make sure you’re not allergic to it. Always consult with your doctor before making any major dietary changes. Safety is key.