Millions of people around the world suffer from gallstone or kidney stone problems, and a lot of them end up in the hospital for it. Thanks to Chanca Piedra, you can treat and remove them without all this hassle. The plan is known throughout Peru for its health benefits and diuretic qualities. Keep reading to learn more!
What is Chanca Piedra?
Table of Contents
Chanca Piedra comes from the Amazon forest. It can be helpful for different conditions, such as inflammation, vaginal or urethral discharge, loss of appetite, constipation, stomachaches or intestinal infections. Some people consider it a helpful liver tonic, while others use it to treat flu, cough, swine flu or jaundice. According to some studies, Chanca Piedra can also be used to treat STDs such as gonorrhea and syphilis.
Health Benefits of Chanca Piedra
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of Chanca Piedra:
- Chanca Piedra can fight harmful organisms using its water extract.
- Chanca Piedra can prevent diabetes. It contains antioxidants and phenolic properties that help anti-hyperglycemia functions. There are studies that can confirm the plant’s effectiveness in reducing blood glucose and blood sugar levels, and it inhibits glucose absorption to enhance glucose storage.
- Chanca Piedra supports the health of the liver and fights acetaminophen toxicity. According to studies, the protein content of the plant can protect the liver against oxidative stress.
- Chanca Piedra is beneficial in eliminating kidney stones and gallstones. It can also stimulate the liver’s bile secretion, thus helping the digestive process and the absorption of nutrients in the body. It can also help eliminate bodily waste.
- Chanca Piedra is both antiviral and antibacterial. There are studies that imply it has antiviral compounds that can fight against Herpes simplex virus type 1.
- Chanca Piedra is helpful for patients with high blood pressure or high levels of blood sugar. The phenolic content of Chanca Piedra contains antioxidant properties that promote normal blood sugar and blood pressure levels. There are also studies that suggest the plant enhances the level of antioxidants in the body’s defense system.
Warnings and Precautions for Taking Chanca Piedra
Chanca Piedra is not safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Consuming large amounts may prevent pregnancy or risk an underweight baby, even potentially causing birth defects. The plant may also act as a blood thinner. For patients with bleeding disorders, taking Chanca Piedra can cause bleeding.
In diabetes patients, Chanca Piedra affects blood sugar levels, so be sure look out for signs and symptoms and monitor your blood sugar levels regularly. The plant is not good for those who just had surgery, and if you have an upcoming surgery, you should stop eating it at least two weeks beforehand, because it can slow down blood clotting and increase the risk of bleeding.
Does Chanca Piedra Interact with Other Drugs?
Chanca Piedra interacts with Lithium, affecting the process by which your body gets rid of it. If you end up having too much lithium in your body, it can have side effects. The plant also interacts with some diabetic medications, forcing your blood sugar to dangerously low levels. Always consult with your doctor before making any large dietary changes.