There is no doubt that facials are one of the best ways in pampering the skin. I am certain that there is no woman in this world that doesn’t want to spend her time in the beauty parlor and get some experts to work on her skin. In addition, if relaxation is what you are searching for, how can you forget about the amazing relief that aromatherapy facial can offer you? The benefits of aromatherapy facial are wide-ranging and are all for the betterment of the skin health. If you want to know more about this, feel free to give this article a read.
Aromatherapy Facial: What is this?
The aromatherapy facial is actually not new to some people already. You may have already heard of this kind of facial from someone you know. But you may have never thought of giving it a try. This particular kind of facial treatment is now gaining popularity in the market. This is because of its method in massaging the face with some natural essential oils.
Even though aromatherapy is a now a new trend, the concept of the aromatherapy and the essential oils can be traced back from 3500 years ago. Before, aromatherapy is used mainly in the field of medicine. Nevertheless, later, they saw that it might also benefit the skin. As a matter of fact, aromatherapy is now one of the natural therapies and has been adopted by women who love the nature, as well as those who want to benefit with essential oils instead of some fancy creams that are already in the market.
Moreover, the essential oils that are used in aromatherapy facial are usually lightweight and have much smaller molecules, which make it much easier to penetrate deeper on the skin surface. Not just that, it also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which is beneficial in keeping away all the skin redness and irritation.
One of the main reasons why people love using it is that there are lots of benefits of aromatherapy facial. One of which is that it helps in calming the mind as well as the senses. Furthermore, the essential oil that is used while doing the treatment helps in soothing the skin and can make the skin glow much brighter. The skin may absorb the oil, thus keeping it well-hydrated and free of irritation. We will further discuss these health benefits of aromatherapy facial later in this article.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Facial
There are a lot of benefits of aromatherapy facial for the skin. Here are some of which:
- You can do it easily at home. Even though aromatherapy facials are just available at high-end beauty salons and spas, you may try out a do-it-yourself aromatherapy facial at home. What you need to do first, by the way, is to choose what essential oil you should use that will suit your skin type.
- Good for relaxation. The aromatherapy facials may involve the plentiful use of essential oils, as well as some other aromatic products. They are beneficial in soothing the senses and the nerves. Furthermore, they are also beneficial in relaxing you as you’ve never felt before.
- Helps remove dead cells. The facial steam is usually followed by the skin exfoliation. If you scrub your face with an aroma scrub, it helps in removing the dead cells and reveal a much smoother skin.
- Promotes clear skin. Aromatherapy facial idyllically starts with the facial steam that cleans pores thoroughly. Moreover, it also helps in cleaning impurities, which may have accrued over time. Simultaneously, the essential oils may also work within the pores when you add it with water.
- The essential oils are good for the skin. Aromatherapy facial encompasses the use of some essential oils. These essential oils are selected in accordance with the skin type. In nature, the essential oils work on the benefit of the skin and take care of some of the beauty complications like rashes, acne, and pimples.
Aromatherapy Facial: How to do it at home?
If your skin is oily, orange oil, lemongrass oil, tea tree oil, and lemon oil might be great for you. Furthermore, if you have a dry skin, you may opt for sandalwood, rose, or jasmine essential oils. If you have a normal skin, the chamomile or lavender essential oils may be nicer. Nevertheless, if you have a sensitive skin, you need to choose the vetiver or neroli oil/
After deciding on what essential oil is suitable for you, here are some tips on what you should do next in doing your aromatherapy facial at home:
- Use dim lights and aromatic candles to make a perfect aura.
- Wash face thoroughly with aloe vera and the chosen essential oil.
- Steam face using a few drops of essential oil in a hot water.
- Gently massage the skin using a cream with a drop of essential oil. After, wipe the extra cream off using a wet
- Create a basic face pack using honey, sandalwood powder, and yoghurt. Add a few drops of essential oil.
- Wash the mask off after it is already dry. Splash the face with aromatic toner. Add one drop of chamomile oil and geranium oil if the skin is dry. If oily, add 4 drops of tea tree oil, and 6 drops of lavender oil. This can be beneficial as a toner.