People love to eat and drink delicious food including pizza, chocolate, beer, soda, and a lot of other high-calorie options. Then there comes a time when people want to lose weight quickly but don’t know how. People often look for an effective diet plan to help them lose weight; that’s where the egg plan comes in. It is effective due to it being both low-calorie and low-carbohydrate. Eggs are a good source of protein for the body. An egg diet may help burn calories quickly. When you are planning to lose weight, it’s important to maintain a diet which can healthfully sustain the body.
What is the Egg Diet Plan?
Egg diet is a type of a diet which can help you lose weight in a short period of time. But there are a lot of restrictions regarding the food you need to consume. Eggs are surprisingly healthy due to their nutrient and high protein content. Consuming eggs can provide the body with essential nutrients and vitamins and may help eliminate other unhealthy foods from your diet. Eggs can also help increase the metabolism as well as be an effective way to lose weight in a short period of time.
Egg Diet Plan to Lose Weight: Is It Effective?
There are several versions of the Egg Diet Plan which are specified below. These versions result in fewer calories which is good for losing weight in a short period of days. The diet consists of high protein which can support rapid weight loss.
According to a study in AJCN (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition) the egg is a source of high protein which has the ability to help an individual feel full which can also help them lose weight.
Eggs are a great source of protein and provide essential minerals and vitamins, including iron, Vitamin D, and B-12. Note, however, that although eggs contain vital nutrients and can help an individual lose weight, eggs alone may not be the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
Following the Egg Diet may also leave some people sluggish and fatigued due to carbohydrate restriction.
The Cons and Pros of Egg Diet Plan to Lose Weight
The Egg Diet Plan has cons and pros. Take a look below.
- Since the consumption of carbohydrates is reduced, sustained energy may be problematic.
- A high consumption of eggs can cause bad breath and constipation.
- Eggs contain high cholesterol. Consuming large amounts of eggs may affect the blood cholesterol.
- Ingesting the same foods, again and again, may lead to boredom. There’s also a tendency to lose the appetite to eat the same meal again.
- It is not recommended to continue the same food regimen for more than a week.
- The body doesn’t get sufficient nutrition due to a lack of fruits and vegetables.
- There’s a possibility the weight may return once you stop the diet.
- Eggs can help burn excess calories in the body due to their high protein content.
- According to researchers, eating eggs during breakfast may help to reduce weight.
- Eggs are a great source of protein and vitamins, which are responsible for keeping the body healthy.
- Eggs are composed of both carbohydrates and protein, which can help to reduce the appetite.
Versions of Egg Diet Plan
Here are the several different effective egg diet meal plans for you to achieve weight loss. You can start losing weight immediately with a diet based on eggs and small servings of lean protein.
Lean protein such as:
Also consuming vegetables and fruits such as:
There are several different yet effective versions of the Egg Diet Plan on the Internet. They include the following:
- The Traditional Egg Diet – In this diet, it is not necessary to follow the routine dietary control.
- Breakfast – consume more than two or at least two eggs together with vegetables and fruits with low carbohydrates.
- Lunch – consume eggs with chicken or fish.
- Dinner – consume eggs with a small amount of steak or fish.
It is advisable to limit the consumption of fruits into one or two servings every meal. Carbohydrates such as pasta, potatoes, and bread are also strictly forbidden.
- Grapefruit and Egg Diet – It is recommended to consume eggs together with grapefruit at every meal. It is also good to consume chicken, fish, and steak in small amounts. Other than grapefruit, this diet is strictly restricted to vegetables.
- Egg Diet Only – It is known as the extreme version of the Egg Diet Plan. In this diet plan, you can only consume boiled eggs and drink a lot of water. As an outcome, the body tends to weaken gradually due to the improper nutrition it gets.