Have you seen a green coffee bean? How about hearing it? Maybe you are going to ask, why is it green? Can still be consumable? Can it still be a coffee? Well, these questions and more will have their own answers in this article. Not just that, the health benefits of green coffee beans are also included here. So what are you waiting for? Sit back, relax, and enjoy this article!
What is Green Coffee Beans?
Well, basing on its name, the green coffee beans is a coffee bean that is in green color or form. These coffee beans are the unroasted seeds of the Coffea Arabica plant. It is during the roasting phase of the coffee beans wherein the natural antioxidants that are present in the coffee beans are being removed. This is not helpful for the health at all. And since the green coffee beans do not go the same process, they are considered to be highly valuable for the overall health.
The green coffee beans have already become increasingly popular nowadays. In fact, they are now one of the most popular supplements as well as weight loss products all over the world. Furthermore, they are also associated with a lot of health benefits. Some of these health benefits of green coffee beans are for the protection of the heart, reduction of the neurological illnesses, as well as anti-aging effects, and more.
Technically speaking, green coffee beans haven’t gone roasting process yet. Furthermore, this particular type of coffee don’t really need to be grilled. It has a fresh green color, and obviously, this is where its name came from. The inside of the green and the black coffee beans are quite different due to the method of roasting really reduce the chlorogenic acid levels of the beans. The green coffee beans have more chlorogenic acid inside of it, which makes it beneficial in fastening up the weight loss, which the black one are not able to provide.
Even though there are some debates that say the green coffee beans are beneficial or not, there are still evidence that say green beans are essential to those who can tolerate the caffeine content.
What is Inside the Green Coffee Beans?
Here is what inside the green coffee beans:
- Caffeine: this is an important component of the green coffee beans. Caffeine naturally provides us with various advantages in the health. These include the increasing of the metabolism to about 3 to 11%.
- Chlorogenic acid: in scientific terms, the green coffee beans have high amounts of antioxidants, as well as other active content farmakologus. This particular acid is believed to be beneficial in losing weight in a potent and optimal way.
Nutritional Value of Green Coffee Beans
One serving or 1 capsule of the green coffee beans extract has:
|Nutrient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 gram||–|
|Trans Fat||0 gram||–|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0 gram||–|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 gram||–|
|Saturated Fat||0 gram||–|
|Dietary fiber||0 gram||–|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 gram||–|
Health Benefits of Green Coffee Beans
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of green coffee beans:
- Help assist in the blood circulation: researchers found that the presence of aspirin in green coffee beans are beneficial in impacting the blood by way of preventing the platelets from clumping. Thus avoiding hardening of the arteries, as well as the blood circulation all throughout the body stay smooth.
- Help boost the mood and focus: research shows that the caffeine in the green coffee beans is beneficial in the improvement of the memory, alertness, reaction time, endurance, focus, as well as some other factors in the cognitive performance.
- Helps in reducing the high blood pressure: research states that the consumption of about 140 milligrams of coffee beans extract may help in reducing the blood pressure levels.
- Helps in preventing and reducing the blood cholesterol levels: one study show that the green coffee beans may help in the prevention and reduction of cholesterol in the blood.
- Aids in diabetes: studies suggest that the green coffee may not only help in blocking the sugar, it may also help in the prevention of type 2 diabetes. The extracts of the green coffee beans are beneficial in lowering the levels of sugar in the bloodstream.
- Helps burn fat: there is a large amount of kelp in the green coffee beans. This is what makes it beneficial in burning the extra fat in the body.
- Rich in antioxidant properties: the antioxidant properties of the green coffee beans are beneficial in the reduction of the damaging effects of free radicals in the body. It also takes care of the overall health.
The green coffee beans truly is an astounding bean. It does not just help in calming the body, it also improves the health.