There are a lot of fruits that we don’t know about. Some of these are superfruits, so called because they are particularly good for our health. Consider the antioxidant-rich superfruit noni, which earns its name for its remarkable anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Noni juice in particular makes it a wonder food. Keep reading to learn why!
What is Noni Juice?
Noni juice comes from the small evergreen plant known as noni. Also known as Indian mulberry, it is usually found in the tropics and subtropics of our planet. Noni has been used as a folk remedy for various treatments, and it has also been used as a clothes dye. Scientifically known as Morinda citrifolia, noni is part of the Rubiaceae family. It is distinctly versatile and possesses many visual attributes. Notably, it naturally grows on the lava around Hawaii.
Historic use of noni juice can be traced back to the Pacific for thousands of years. Only recently was its use as a dye discovered. Today, its use as a therapeutic agent overshadows its medicinal values. Although widely discussed, it is believed that its full therapeutic potential has yet to be discovered.
Nutrition Facts of Noni Juice
Noni juice offers a wide range of impressive phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. In fact, the vitamin content includes beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol or vitamin E, folate, ascorbic acid or vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid or vitamin B5, niacin or vitamin B3, riboflavin or vitamin B2, thiamine or vitamin B1, and more.
The mineral content, on the other hand, includes phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and more. Alongside this, there is an abundance of natural chemical components and a wide range of antioxidant properties like quercetin, scopoletin and bisdemethylopinoresinol. The isoscopoletin, kaempferol, proxeronine, pinoresinol and vanillin accentuate the juice’s nutritional value.
Here is a more precise look at the nutritional content of noni juice:
SERVING SIZE: 1 TBSP(15 ML.)
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER: 35
|AMOUNT PER SERVING||% DALY VALUE|
|Vitamin C||1.5 milligrams||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate||0.9 grams||<1%|
One tablespoon, or 15 ml, of noni juice contains the following:
- Carbohydrates, 9 grams
- Vitamin C, 5 milligrams
- Niacin, 170 micrograms
- Folate, 12 micrograms
- Calcium, 2 milligrams
- Magnesium, 800 micrograms
- Iron, 35 micrograms
- Potassium,10 milligrams
Health Benefits of Noni Juice
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of noni juice:
- Helps control diabetes: noni extracts help decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes. Furthermore, scientific evidence testifies that the consumption of noni juice is beneficial in decreasing the level of cholesterol in our body.
- Helps cure memory impairment: noni juice is beneficial in treating various conditions contributing to memory impairment. This is actually one of the most amazing health benefits of the juice.
- Helps relieve arthritis pain: the healing prowess of noni juice is beneficial in giving relief from inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
- Helps protect the liver: noni fruit is effective in protecting the liver against any diseases and chemicals, mainly because of the hepato-protective effects it has.
- Helps protect the heart health: noni juice helps dilate blood vessels, which boosts the health of the cardiovascular system.
Mother nature is kind to give us lots and lots of amazing fruits. Noni and its juice are proof! So next time you reach for a fruit, make it noni. Remember that the key to leading a worthwhile and sustainable life is a healthy diet, happiness and positivity.