We do not experience LBM on a daily basis but, if you have the uncomfortable symptoms of the illness there are many ways to treat LBM naturally. Furthermore, drinking a lot of water is one of the best treatments for LBM because during LBM the body excretes a lot of liquid. Hence, if you want to know more about this condition, read on to this article.
LBM, What is it?
Table of Contents
LBM (Loose Bowel Movement) or Diarrhea is a gastrointestinal infection. It is a condition wherein you experience stomach pains. Furthermore, the body discharge are loose or watery stools are discharged for more than three times in one day. Additionally, the patient also feels stomach cramps, minimal chills, and sometimes having an uncomfortable feeling.
Types of Diarrhea
Causes of Diarrhea
- Acute Diarrhea is most common diarrhea. Children below four years old mostly develop the illness. Furthermore, when LBM lasts less than 14 days it called Acute Diarrhea.
- Chronic Diarrhea is when the illness lasts for than a month.
Diarrhea is the reaction of the bowel movement to the following:
- Food allergy
Most common causes of LBM are overeating and sometimes eating spoiled foods. Furthermore, it could also be that your body hasn’t digested the food you have eaten.
Causes of Acute Diarrhea
- Viral Gastroenteritis
- Lactose intolerance
Causes of Chronic Diarrhea
Chronic Diarrhea is when the digestion of fats are weakened because the level of pancreatic enzyme is low.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Endocrine Diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Radiation therapy
- Colon cancer
- Severe constipation
- Carbohydrate and Fat Malabsorption
Risk Factors for Diarrhea
Risk Factors for Acute Diarrhea
Being exposed to infectious agents. Sudden changes in diet can cause Acute Diarrhea. Eating as well as drinking contaminated and raw foods. Below is a table of absorbable sugars that should be avoided.
Symptoms of LBM
Acute Diarrhea/LBM Symptoms
- Abdominal cramps
- Stomach Bloating
- Stomach pain
Chronic Diarrhea/LBM Symptoms
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
Fiber Sources as natural treatments for LBM
Fiber helps to regulate bowel movements. Furthermore, yo treat LBM naturally add fiber to your diet and drink plenty of water.
Furthermore, if you are struggling with diarrhea, fiber in your diet could help. Moreover, foods that have high soluble fiber absorbs the water in the track of the digestive organ.
Fiber has two types:
- Soluble Fiber soaks up water and sticky when wet. Moreover, too much fluid in your bowel can be absorbed by eating these soluble fiber sources.
- Insoluble Fiber doesn’t absorb It is recommended for patients suffering from constipation.
|Wheat Bran||Brown rice||Zucchini|
Soluble fiber is recommended for patients to treat LBM naturally. Furthermore, there are also fiber supplements you can buy at the pharmacy.
Natural Treatments for LBM
- Eat banana. It has Pectin that reduces diarrhea.
- Drink Apple Juice every 30 minutes.
- Carrot soup has antidyspeptic effect provides the nutrients needed by the body that was lost during diarrhea.
- Eat starchy food like potatoes.
- Dried Blueberry soup. Blueberries have antioxidant properties as well as antibacterial properties that help remedy diarrhea.
- Drink a mixture of Black Seed Oil and plain yogurt twice a day.
- Make smoothie fruits or steamed
- Drink honey with ginger root.
- Drink Buttermilk with dry ginger four times in one day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water is effective against bacteria that cause
- Fenugreek seeds with yogurt have mucilage content that treats diarrhea. Consume it three times a day.
- Avoid conventional dairy.
- Avoid potential allergens. They could cause food allergies.
- Avoid fats or oils. They worsen diarrhea.
- Minimize sugar and avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Avoiding tomato as well as citrus juice.
- Avoid caffeine and carbonated drinks.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Peppermint oil. Helps with the cramping of the stomach.
- Take supplements like:
- Digestive enzymes
- Glutamine powder
- Aloe Vera juice
- Stay hydrated. Drink eight glasses of water or sports drink.
- Bone Broth. Replaces the salts as well as the minerals that were lost during diarrhea.
- Herbal teas. Stimulates the digestive system.
Below are teas that are recommended for diarrhea.
|Ginger Tea||Pomegranate Tea|
|Peppermint Tea||Orange Peel Tea|
|Oat Bark Tea||Caraway Tea|
|Licorice Tea||Raspberry Leaf Tea|
|Chamomile Tea||Blackberry Leaf Tea|
Treatments for LBM
Treating Acute Diarrhea
- Drink a lot of fluid with sugar or salt.
- Soups or broth.
- Imodium (Loperamide) as well as some other drug therapy
To treat Chronic Diarrhea, empiric treatment is recommended because of its symptomatic relief. Loperamide and other Antimotility can also reduce the symptoms of the illness.