Coconut is believed to be the tree of life. Well, that is actually undoubtedly for me. It really is! All part of this tree is a gift for us. One of which is its fruit, which provides a lot of wonders to the overall health. Specifically, the coconut flesh and water from the fruit are a stunner and a great wonder of the tree itself. The coconut flesh and water help supply various essential nutrients, which may keep the stomachs full and provide energy to increase the endurance. There are lots of health benefits of coconut water, which you may acquire when you consume it. This includes protecting the heart health, lowering the cholesterol levels, controlling hypertension, aids in intravenous hydration, acts as a remedy for chlorella and digestive system conditions, aids in weight loss, and aids in rehydrating the body. Read on to learn more about coconut water!
Table of Contents
Scientifically, they call the coconut as Cocos nucifera. It mainly belongs to the palm or Arecaceae plant family. Furthermore, the seed or the fruit is technically known as a drupe and is actually not a nut, in spite the name it has.
The coconuts are believed to be native to the Indian Malay regions. By the start of the 15th century, the coconuts entered various regions in Africa and slowly spread to the continent of Europe. The coconut palm generally grows in the tropical climates. In today’s day and time, it is found in nearly all the tropics in the Pacific and Indian oceans. They range from Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, India, Africa, Jamaica, West Indies, as well as in the Hawaiian Islands.
In the country of India, over 3000 years ago, they regarded the coconut as one of the most sacred fruits, and are offered to deities as their token of gratitude. Moreover, coconut diligently resembles a rugby ball that has about three sides in it. The size of it is about 20-30 centimeters long. Its drupe is being covered with layers of fiber, which is very hard.
Furthermore, the coconut water, as well as the coconut flesh, develop inside the fruit. These are not just the only food sources you can get from the coconuts. There are some other byproducts of coconuts, including the mature coconut meat, coconut wine, coconut milk, coconut vinegar, coconut oil, as well as many others.
Nutritional Value of Coconut Water
The coconut water contains dietary fiber, sugar, carbohydrates, fat, protein, and energy. The mineral content in it includes selenium, manganese, copper, zinc, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and calcium. Moreover, the vitamins in the coconut water include vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, as well as folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, as well as vitamin K.
Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Here are some of the most surprising health benefits of coconut water:
- Helps in reducing urinary The coconut water possesses diuretic properties, which helps in treating urinary conditions. Because of this, it is easy to expel the water from the body, thus help in keeping the systems healthy.
- Helps in protecting the liver. Studies show what the antioxidant properties of coconut water is essential in reducing the activity of various toxins in the liver.
- Helps in controlling hypertension. This is one of the biggest health benefits of coconut water. One study shows that coconut water is beneficial in the controlling of hypertension.
- Helps in maintaining heart The coconut water is good for heart health. Furthermore, the coconut water possesses a stimulating effect on the enzymes, which is beneficial in recovering from any myocardial harms.
- Helps in normalizing cholesterol levels. The coconut water may act as a deterrent for high cholesterol levels. Furthermore, animal studies show that coconut water has an effect on the normalization of cholesterol levels.
- Helps in treating cholera. The tender coconut water is essential for those who experience cholera. This is essential in bringing back the balance of electrolytes in the body.
- Helps in improving the digestion. The coconut water is essential in treating flatulence, dyspepsia, dysentery, mild diarrhea, vomiting, and gastroenteritis. Therefore, it is beneficial for the digestion.
- Helps in rehydrating the body. The coconut water isn’t just a normal water. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, which are all beneficial for the rehydration of the body.
Precautions on Coconut Water Consumption
It is with no doubt that, there really are a lot of health benefits of coconut water. You can add it to your daily routine as a beverage for hydration. Nevertheless, it must not replace the plain water that you drink every day. However, you can use it as an alternative to some other beverage, which is low in calories and sugar.
Be cautious in buying commercial brands of coconut water since many of which may lack in essential nutrients present in the natural ones. A lot of brands actually adds a lot of sugar and preservatives. These can modify all the health benefits that this amazing water can give.
Undeniably, coconut water is good for you!