Have you heard of the arrowroot before? If your answer is yes, then you must’ve gained the amazing benefits it has for your health. It is an amazing root, isn’t it? Well, if your answer is no, it is still okay, because this article will tell you necessary information about the arrowroot. Included here as well, are some of the most astounding health benefits of arrowroots. Some of the health benefits of arrowroots include its ability to promote the healthy digestive system, reduce the blood pressure levels, increase the blood circulation, boost the metabolism, promote the growth and development and more. Feel free to give this article a read if you want to know more.
What are Arrowroots?
The arrowroot is in itself, technically not a plant. Rather, it is a type of starch, which may be readily obtainable from the roots of various rhizomes and plants. This certain highly nutritious starch has already been very valuable to many indigenous cultures for more than 7000 years now. However, in spite of the fact that a lot of herbal remedies have already been refuted, the arrowroot still remains a very important and effective treatment for various health conditions.
Moreover, arrowroots may also be used as a replacement for various foods, instead of corn or flour. Fundamentally, the arrowroot powder may be a healthier option to some common cooking ingredients for cakes, pasta, and bread. Furthermore, it is gluten-free, thus making it much more valuable in today’s day and time. Even with the upsurge of the incidence of the celiac disease in various countries.
One of the most common uses of the arrowroots is as a food sauce thickener. However, you may also eat it on its own. It may also be a good addition for infants in their formula instead of some less nutritious forms of starch. The roots of the arrowroots in raw, stewed, or boiled form. This will be beneficial for the health, as it does not lose any nutrients and potency at all.
As stated earlier, the arrowroot is mostly used as a food thickener. Well, actually, the thickening powder of it must be mixed with cold water first, before adding it to the hot liquid. This is to prevent any clumping. Furthermore, you may also use it in crackers and cookies as a regular flour substitute. It is also good for those who are intolerant of gluten. There are readily available arrowroot biscuits in stores that are beneficial in soothing the stomach.
Nutritional Facts of Arrowroots
The health benefits of arrowroots are all thanks to the essential nutrients that it has. Look at the table below to know more about its nutritional value.
1 serving or about 100 grams of arrowroots may have:
|Principle||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.20 grams||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1.3 grams||3.5%|
|Vitamin A||19 IU||<1%|
|Vitamin C||1.9 milligrams||3%|
Health Benefits of Arrowroots
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of arrowroots:
- Good for the oral health: it is actually a popular remedy for painful gums, sores on the mouth, and inflammation. It is beneficial in providing a relief, as well as soothing effect, all credits to its own anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps in improving the metabolism: the vitamin B concentration in the arrowroots is what makes it an essential metabolic and enzymatic substance for the body. Furthermore, the B vitamins are important in the regulation of processes all throughout the body. The rich calcium ash content of the arrowroot is also important in the maintenance of the acid-alkali balance in the body.
- Helps in boosting the immunity: the essential minerals in the arrowroots are important in getting rid of various cognitive conditions, fatigue, as well as weakness. Moreover, it is also beneficial in encouraging oxygenation of the body.
- Aids in weight loss: the low-calorie content of the arrowroot is essential to losing weight. Furthermore, the dietary fiber in this root is beneficial in eliminating the desire to eat in between snacks as well.
- Beneficial for the growth and development: the good amount of protein in the arrowroots are vital for the growth and development of a certain individual. This is one of the best health benefits of arrowroots.
- Helps improve the heart health: there is a significant level of potassium in the arrowroot. This is what makes a definite line of defense against various heart-related conditions.
- Aids in the better digestion: the dietary fiber content of the arrowroot is important for the betterment of the digestive processes. This is since it helps in moving the food via the bowels in a more efficient manner. This is while also stimulating the nutrients uptake.