Do you want to lose weight safely, but you don’t know how to do it?
First, you should remember that many experts suggest that the best thing to do is to lose weight gradually. This way, it is more likely to stay off. Lose weight quickly generally means you’re losing bone, water and muscle weight instead of fat.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics once said you should aim to lose no more than 2 pounds every week. Also, avoid using fad diets or products that make promises that are too good to be true. It’s best to build your weight loss plan around sustainable changes that you are likely to stick with.
One of the simplest ways to lose weight is to maintain a proper diet while exercising. Having a proper diet gives you more control over your caloric and nutrient intake, but dieting is by no means easy.
Diets come and go, tempting and teasing you with dreams of an astonishingly sexy figure, but they’re hard to maintain, and sometimes they just don’t even work. Some diets even pose a bigger health threat. It is important to learn the truth behind certain diets and determine if they are satisfying enough to work.
The Best Diets to Lose Weight
To help you, here are some of the best and most common diets for lose weight fast. The following plans are proven to help you lose weight effectively and safely.
- DASH DIET
- Aim – It aims to prevent and lower hypertension, or high blood pressure.
- Claim – Having a healthy diet is the key to reducing high blood pressure.
- Theory – When reducing high blood pressure, nutrients like calcium, potassium, protein, and fiber are important. In order to reduce the risk of hypertension, you need to eat the proper food that is advised for you. You should cut back on salt intake.
- Cost – Vegetables, fruits and whole grain products can be pricey, so expect this plan to be a bit expensive.
- Effectiveness – If you follow all the necessary steps of this plan, like the proper food intake food and regular exercise, then you are likely to lose weight.
- MEDITERRANEAN DIET
- Aim – This diet plan includes heart and brain health, weight loss, cancer prevention and a reversion of diabetes.
- Claim – It claims to help with losing weight and avoiding chronic diseases.
- Theory – In countries near the Mediterranean Sea, it is generally accepted that people live longer and suffer fewer illnesses, like cancer. Their secret for this is their active lifestyle, weight control and healthy diet. Their diets involve red meat, sugar, nuts and other healthy foods.
- Cost – The cost of this diet plan actually depends. Some ingredients can be expensive, but there are many substitutes available.
- Effectiveness – Research says that the Mediterranean diet can be effective depending on which elements you adopt and how they compare to your current diet. How quickly you lose weight is all up to you.
- Aim – This depends, but it may include heart health, diabetes prevention or control and weight loss.
- Claim – This diet plan claims that it can help shed pounds and keep away diseases.
- Theory – You can eat a healthy meal that supports weight loss while lessen the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Cost – This diet plan is quite pricey. Having a supply of grains can be expensive. However, you can also use vegetarian staples like eggs and beans. which are very affordable in all supermarkets.
- Effectiveness – This diet is probably very effective, as research has shown that vegetarians have a tendency to eat fewer calories and, therefore, weigh less.
- ORNISH DIET
- Aim – This plan is variable and can be personalized to assist varies goals, such losing weight, reversing or preventing diabetes, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, treating or preventing breast or prostate cancer and improving heart health.
- Claim – The diet plan claims to boost your health and make you lose weight, feel better and live longer.
- Theory – The more you change mix up your diet plan, the more health benefits you will acquire. But, if you want to reverse diabetes or heart disease, then this plan is suitable for you.
- Cost – This plan is likely to be pricey. Whole grains, fish and produce are all expensive.
- Effectiveness – The results may vary. However, if you are doing regular exercise and following a nutritious diet, then it’ll be effective.
- VOLUMETRICS DIET
- Aim – Lose weight.
- Claim – This diet plan aims to help you lose one to two pounds per week.
- Theory – Some people eat the same amount of food every day without paying attention to how many calories are consuming. Since some of the foods we eat are less energy efficient, they have fewer calories per gram. Eating more of these means consuming fewer calories without eating less. Fruits and vegetables are perfect for this plan, as you can pretty much eat however many you want.
- Cost – Since there are no unusual ingredients needed in this diet plan, groceries should not cost more than usual.
- Effectiveness – This plan is undoubtedly effective. Generally, diet plans that are rich in low-energy-dense foods are proven to help with losing weight.
The above-mentioned diet plans are only a handful of diet plans out there. There are so many more all over the internet, or even ones which your doctor can recommend. Whatever you choose to do, stay safe and you will be sure to lose that weight efficiently and sustainably!