Having belly fat is normal. Anyone who eats excessively and is not regularly exercising is prone to it. However, sometimes it becomes distracting, and you may get bullied for it. The good news is there are ways to lose it quickly and naturally. Keep reading to learn more.
What is Belly Fat?
Belly fat is a visceral fat, meaning it lies under the stomach muscles and is not metabolized in the same way as other fats. Even a small amount of belly fat can cause other health conditions to occur, and prolonged presence can affect the long-term health of people. This is because it can produce excess chemicals and hormones which affect almost all internal organs, and too much visceral fat can start to move to other areas of the body, including around the heart.
What is Belly Fat Linked To?
As stated above, belly fat can have a lot of long-term health consequences, including, but not limited to:
- Heart attacks
- Gallbladder complications, requiring surgery
- Type 2 diabetes
- Weak bones
- Metabolic and cardiovascular diseases
- Higher mortality rate
- High blood pressure
- Certain types of cancer
Tips for Losing Belly Fat Naturally and Quickly
There is no easy way to get rid of belly fat. It takes a lot of hard work. First and foremost, you need to have a good diet plan, but it doesn’t end there. You also need to consistently exercise, as this is the only way to lose the excess weight. Here are some more effective tips to get rid of your tummy:
- To help you feel fuller, eat foods rich in fiber.
- Throughout the day, try to eat many small meals instead of a few heavy meals. This really helps regulate your blood sugar and energy levels. Conquer your food cravings so as not to binge.
- Avoid eating processed foods. Instead, eat foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals. This will help you feel more energized throughout the day.
- You should eat only when you are hungry. When you eat, chew slowly. This will effectively prevent you from overeating.
- Make sure you get enough sleep (8-10 hours).
- Always start your day with healthy snacks like fresh fruits or vegetables. You’re not likely to grasp for them after you eat heavier foods.
- Drink plenty of water before reaching for a snack if you feel hungry between meals.
- Before going to sleep, make sure it has been 3 hours since you’ve eaten your dinner.
Best Foods for Losing Belly Fat
The following foods are the best allies for losing belly fat quickly and naturally, and they can help you create a good template for the best diet to lose weight:
- Cayenne pepper
- Sugar-free yogurt
- Chicken breast
- Green vegetables
- Lean cuts of beef
- Coconut oil
Exercises for Getting Rid of Belly Fat
As stated earlier, it’s not just the food you eat that helps you get rid of belly fat. Proper exercise is very important. Studies show that just 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week to get your body moving can increase your blood flow and stimulate weight loss.
In a recent study, it was found that people who do resistance training and cycling thrice a week saw their belly fat reduced more quickly than those who didn’t. Some other cardiovascular exercises you can try include:
Any of these, when coupled with a proper diet, will make you feel more fit and look better. Try incorporating yoga for stress relief and relaxation, too!
How Does Gender Affect Weight Loss?
There are certain differences in the biological makeup of men and women that can affect their abilities to lose weight. Men naturally burn more calories than women both in active and resting states, and men tend to gain and lose weight more directly in their bellies, while women notice an overall change in appearance.
Don’t get lost in the habit of comparing yourself to others, because everyone is built differently. Just keep exercising and eating well and you are sure to see results in your own time.
Getting rid of belly fat will not only make you see a physical difference, it will make you feel healthier. Don’t lose hope or patience; sustainable weight loss takes time, but it will come.
If you loved this article, then I suggest you take a look at our 6 ways to lose weight fast for more fat-blasting information.